Essential oils for oral health can provide several benefits. Some of the benefits include maintaining oral hygiene, help in the healing of oral wounds, reduce anxiety among other benefits.
If you are planning to well-align your gum structure, gum plastic surgery is the best solution for those looking to have a well-aligned gum structure for an enhanced smile. Visit Melbourne plastic surgery to know more.
Below are some of the essential oil for oral health.
Oregano essential oil
- Acts as an antiseptic, antibacterial and analgesic
- It also has antimicrobial properties which eliminate viruses, fungi, and bacteria in the mouth.
- It helps to get rid of the bacteria that cause plaque and minimizes the chance of suffering from gum disease.
Peppermint essential oil
- The oil aids in digestion
- It has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help in relieving oral pains. It also acts as an antioxidant that eliminates bacteria that may lead to tooth decay.
Cinnamon essential oil
- The oil provides antibacterial and antiseptic properties for eliminating mouth bacteria
- helps to improve the circulation of blood to the gums
Tea tree essential oil
- provide antiviral, antibacterial and anti-fungal properties
- It offers anti-inflammatory properties which reduce the chance of suffering from gingivitis and formation of plaque
Clove bud essential oil
- It contains strong analgesic properties to ease oral pains.
- The oil can be used as a breath freshener or to relieve toothaches
- It has anti-parasitic properties which help to treat gum infections, relieve oral pains, and treat tonsils
Neem essential oil
- The Neem essential oil contains antibacterial and fungicidal properties which help to fight germs.
- It has anti-inflammatory and pain reducing properties that aids in minimizing toothaches
- The oil assists in eliminating bacteria that cause oral diseases such as gingivitis; also it’s very useful in the prevention and treatment of tooth cavities.
Mastic essential oil
- The oil helps in maintaining the connective tissue in the oral cavity.
- It is an effective remedy for tooth plaque
- It has anti-fungal, antioxidant, and antibacterial properties that get rid of harmful microorganisms.
- It has antiseptic properties that eliminate oral bacteria.